FATF’s Recommendations have become the world’s blueprint for effective national and international AML and CFT related controls. The IMF and the World Bank have recognised the FATF Recommendations as the international standard for combatting money laundering and terrorist financing.
The 40 Recommendations provide a complete set of countermeasures against money laundering and terrorist financing, covering:
• The identification of risks and development of appropriate policies.
• The criminal justice system and law enforcement.
• The financial system and its regulation.
• The transparency of legal persons and arrangements.
• International cooperation.
Known as Financial Action Task Force Recommendations, the measures can be found here.